THE BENEFITS OF USING A BUYER’S AGENT
Using a Buyer’s Representative Offers the Consumer Many Benefits
As a consumer, how often do you buy real estate property? Once, twice, three times in your lifetime? Purchasing real estate is a complex and major transaction with many details to be handled. In the majority of cases, the Seller will be represented by a REALTOR®. Wouldn’t you want to have complete and fair representation in the real estate transaction as well? The Real Estate Buyer Agent is responsible to protect their clients’ best interests. Research by the National Association of REALTORS® has shown that when a buyer agent is used, the prospective Buyer found their home one week faster and examined three more properties than those consumers who did not use a buyers agent.
- Evaluate the specific needs & wants of the buyer and locate properties that fit those specifications.
- Assist the Buyer in determining the amount that they can afford (pre-qualify) and show properties in that price range & locale the consumer has determined.
- Assist in viewing properties & either accompany the client on the showings or preview the properties on behalf of the client to insure that the identified specifications are met.
- Research the selected properties to identify any problems or issues to help the consumer in making an informed decision prior to making an appropriate offer on the property.
- Advise the client on structuring an appropriate offer to purchase the selected property.
- Present the offer to the Sellers agent & Seller on the clients behalf.
- Negotiate on behalf of the Buyer client to help obtain the identified property. Keep in mind that the buyer agent will be doing so with their clients best interests in mind.
- Review & explain all legal documents to their Buyer client.
- Recommendations & assistance in securing appropriate financing for the selected property.
- Provide a list of potential qualified vendors e.g. movers, attorneys, carpenters, etc. if these services are needed by the consumer.
Most importantly, the Buyer would know that they are fully represented throughout the real estate transaction.
Robert Tatomir, Broker of Record has the ABR Designation