WHAT IS AN ACCREDITED REAL ESTATE BUYER’S AGENT?
The ABR® Designation
Promises make friends. Performance keeps them. As a real estate Buyer, you know performance counts most. So engage your own real estate professional to protect your best interests. From locating suitable properties to contract negotiations & settlement, seek a REALTOR® who will be your representative in buying new property. How do you identify that qualified REALTOR®? The Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) makes it easy. The Council is the country’s oldest & largest association of real estate practitioners representing consumers in real estate transactions and some of North America’s most skilled buyer’s agents hold the council’s prestigious Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) designation.
The Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) of the National Association of REALTORS® who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
The criteria are:
- Successful completion of the comprehensive two-day REBAC course in buyer representation.
- Obtaining a an 80% passing grade on the written examination.
- Demonstrating practical experience by completing and closing five real estate transactions in which you functioned solely as a buyer’s representative. Transactions must be completed and closed during the interval that begins 18 months prior to and ends 18 months after completing the ABR® course.
- Maintaining membership in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS® and with the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council.
The ABR® designation requires extensive classroom training, a formidable written examination and substantial experience in buyer representation. An Accredited Buyer Representative is fully committed to the real estate buyer. It is not surprising then that, across the country, advocacy groups and licensing laws now encourage buyer representation. Look for the select group of real estate sales representatives and companies who have responded to the call. If you’re a real estate buyer, you now have a friend in real estate.
Look for those real estate agents who proudly display the ABR® designation and know that they are recognized by the Ontario Real Estate Association, Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of Realtors® as professionals in the field of buyer representation.
Robert Tatomir possess the ABR® designation and is one of 22 out of the 920* registered Realtors in Windsor-Essex County to hold this designation. Statistical data extracted from REBAC member database 05/15/18.
* Total membership information extracted from WECAR 05/15/18.